Customer Service Specialist I
Responsible for routine/basic inbound call, outbound call, email, and web chat services, as well as back-office services. Completes daily routine tasks and responsibilities to support the Customer Service department or programs.
• Supports customer to submit and process transactions
• Assists customer with identifying and resolving processing issues and website access inquires
• Supports inbound calling, outbound calling, email, web chat and outreach to customers
• Logs cases, or updates an existing case as applicable, to record each phone, email, or web chat communication with a customer. All cases shall be logged in a web-based agent desktop application
• Meet Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics
High School Diploma or GED
0-2 years of customer service or public relations experience.
Other Job Specific Skills
• Ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high call volume.
• Ability to provide effective customer service and deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong listening ability to interpret and clarify information being provided by customers.
• Strong commitment to providing quality service.
• Ability to foster a good working relationship and rapport with customers.
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Candidates must be permanent residents of the US.
Light office duties
which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital
screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk
or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy
of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any
personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these
All recruiting, hiring, training, and
promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are
made to abide by the principle of equal
The physical requirements described in
“Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this
job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds”
or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified,
to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this