Ansible Tower Lead
San Antonio, TX [Laureate]
Responsible for the
Management and Operational Maintenance of the Cloud-based Ansible Tower
solution and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline,
such as application support, database administration, software quality assurance/quality
control, software engineering, network telecommunications, and infrastructure
operations of administration, analysis, engineering and design.
• Monitors and supports Ansible Tower solution running
on RedHat Linux 7.6 on Azure and AWS infrastructure.
• Performs Ansible Tower administration which includes: establishing VCS connection with GitHub,
SSL/TLS Certificate knowledge, RHEL Linux/ Linux administration experience, SSH
and WINRM connection knowledge, and creation/managing of users and groups
within Ansible Tower.
• Responsible for Ansible Tower application use: Creation of dynamic inventories from cloud
sources, creation of reusable templates scripting Ansible playbooks and roles
for dynamic use by Ansible Tower.
• Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of
complex information technology tools.
• Understanding of Ansible Core (the underlying,
open-source engine for Ansible Tower).
• Handles user requests for system needs and upgrades that are unique or
complex and often involve additional research.
• Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
• Implements various applications of a highly complex nature.
• Administers and runs complex tests on operating system and related software.
• Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary,
performs data recoveries.
• Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members
to implement efficiencies.
• Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user
• Acts as a mentor to junior team members.
• Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related
field or equivalent relevant experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
7+ years of experience in information technology, systems administration or
other IT related field.
Other Job Specific
• Advanced knowledge of Linux Operating Systems and products that include
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• AWS Cloud proficiency to include: AWS VPC, AWS networking, AWS EC2, AWS Route 53, AWS RDS
• Azure Cloud knowledge
• Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex system hardware,
software or networking related problems.
• Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and
resolve technical problems individually and as a senior project participant.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to
translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud boundary is desirable
Ansible experience is required - certification preferred
DoD Secret Clearance
IAT II certification such as: CompTIA Security+ or GIAC GSEC
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Light office duties
which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital
screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk
or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy
of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any
personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these
All recruiting, hiring, training, and
promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are
made to abide by the principle of equal
The physical requirements described in
“Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this
job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds”
or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified,
to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this