Cloud Administrator I
Looking for a junior
to Cloud Operator to provide Cloud Integration and Operations Support of an AWS
cloud-based DOD platform. The Cloud Operator will act as a liaison between DLA
and AWS and SAP NS2 engineers, conduct Release Management exercises, conduct
technical walk-throughs of technical documentation, and validate detailed
instructions for mission partner requirements are met
Carries out basic information systems and/or information technology tasks within commercial cloud environments. Implements and troubleshoots cloud-based systems to protect the integrity and availability of infrastructure. Assists cross-functional teams with the deployment and ongoing support of cloud services to both internal stakeholders and clients. Participates in the system and storage design and implements configurations to meet program and customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides direct support to cloud operational environments on a day-to-day basis including the software installation, configuration, upgrades, security patches and planned maintenance as required.
• Assists in basic analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
• Monitors, diagnoses, and resolves problems and performs analysis in relation to cloud operations in the cloud environment.
• Troubleshoots and resolves basic problems in an efficient manner while adhering to proper escalation and change control procedures.
• Performs first-level incident response and assures services resolution for cloud systems.
• Assists in root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
• Effectively creates and maintains relevant cloud systems documentation and user guides.
• Monitors status and performance of backup and/or storage systems and configures monitoring systems.
• Interacts with external technology vendors and internal teams to troubleshoot issues and implement solutions.
• Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT administrative related tasks.
• Responds timely to user requests for permission changes, file restores, virtual machine restores, new storage, and expansion requests.
Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Level: IAT II – Security + CE certification
Practitioner level cloud certification such as: AWS-CCP (AWS) or MTA (MS Azure) preferred.
0-3 years of experience working with infrastructures and 0-1 years of experience with vendor cloud platforms.
Other Job Specific Skills
• Practical knowledge of Identity Access Management and Shared Security responsibilities.
• Hands-on experience supporting enterprise server, backup and/or storage solutions within the cloud construct.
• General application of backup and/or storage principles, theories, and concepts within the cloud construct.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Troubleshooting knowledge to include the areas of storage, backups, server operating systems and networks.
• Working knowledge of Service Provider and/or Cloud providers.
• Cloud command line scripting skills.
• Documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed environment design, installation, and support documentation.
• Good communication, project & priority management, and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Light office duties
which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital
screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk
or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy
of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any
personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these
All recruiting, hiring, training, and
promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are
made to abide by the principle of equal
The physical requirements described in
“Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this
job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds”
or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified,
to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this