Participant Service Representative -(PSR) Level 1
for routine/basic inbound call, outbound call, email, and web chat
services, as well as back-office services. Performs services focused on
customer satisfaction and adherence to established Service Level Agreements
(SLAs). Completes daily routine tasks and responsibilities to support the
Customer Service department or programs.
• Supports customer to submit and process origination and
disbursement transactions or creates and submits on behalf of customer.
• Assists customer with award origination and disbursement processing and
identifying and resolving processing issues.
• Supports inbound calling, outbound calling, email, web chat and outreach to
customer to assist in resolving batch edits and errors, missing documents and
signature pages, fixing data.
• Provides monitoring support and outreach for batch processing issues and
errors, edit code rejects, issue follow up and resolution as requested.
• Logs cases, or updates an existing case as applicable, to record each phone,
email, or web chat communication with a customer. Each phone communication will
require a manual process to link the call to the open case. All cases shall be
logged in a web-based agent desktop application.
• Performs manual linking and unlinking of award records and
promissory/agreement to serve notes.
• Performs analysis of COD borrower data integrity situations identified by
• Provides support to Customer to research and confirm COD processing status of
data such as promissory notes, batch status, entrance counseling, exit
counseling, borrower, grant recipient, borrower-servicer information, etc.
• Support Services shall be executed in compliance with processing and program
guidelines published by Customer.
High School Diploma or GED
0-2 years of Call center experience; 0-2 years of customer service or public
Other Job Specific Skills
• Ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high
• Ability to provide effective customer service and deal tactfully and
courteously with the public.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong listening ability to interpret and clarify information being provided
• Strong commitment to providing quality service.
• Ability to foster a good working relationship and rapport with customers.
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Unwavering dedication to customer satisfaction and resolving customer
• Ability to convey enthusiasm, energy and sincerity over the phone.
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
COVID-19 Vaccination Required: Yes
Light office duties
which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital
screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk
or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy
of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any
personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these
All recruiting, hiring, training, and
promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are
made to abide by the principle of equal
The physical requirements described in
“Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this
job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds”
or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified,
to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this